Elder Engineering supplies natural unreinforced PVDF in semi finished product.
PVDF is a highly crystalline unreinforced fluoropolymer combining good mechanical, thermal and electrical properties with excellent chemical resistance. Its property profile makes PVDF a versatile engineering material, especially suitable for the manufacture of components for the petrochemical, chemical, metallurgical, pharmaceutical, food, paper, textile and nuclear industries.
The main characteristics of PVDF
- *High max. allowable service temperature in air (150°C continuously)
* Good mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance (better than other Fluoropolymers)
* Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
* High toughness, also at low temperatures
* Good sliding properties and wear resistance
* Good dimensional stability
* Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
* Good electrical insulating properties
* Outstanding UV and weather resistance
* Inherent low flammability
* Fairly good resistance against high energy radiation
(much better than other Fluoropolymers)
Also referred to as Kynar and Symalit.
Elder Engineering can easily get hold of PVDF with some stocked please contact us with you requirements.